Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Broken Girl

The tears spill from her eyes and slide down her cheek.
She tries so hard to pray but can't find the words to speak.
She's trusting in You, but doesn't see how you'll make a way,
And if she could hear you, here's what I think you would say.

I made you to fulfill a very specific purpose for me.
That plan you created for yourself? Just let it be.
What I have for you is beyond all you hope and dream.
Don't get tripped up by the small stuff. It's not what it seems.

Trust in me, know that I love you more than you can understand,
And no matter how hard the journey, cling tightly to my hand,
I promise to bring beauty from the ashes of your life,
I'm always here, even when the pain cuts deeper than a knife.

You mean so much more to me than you can comprehend,
And with the price of my son's life, your heart I will mend.
Though this life hurts and you feel yourself grow weak,
Just know that I'm here for you, you just have to seek.

You will find me when you seek with your whole heart,
And the only way you'll do that is if it all falls apart.
Come to me my weary child, rest in my embrace,
And allow me to shower you with my amazing gift of grace.

No comments: